Coronoa Virus UPDATE #2
March 3, 2020
We are continuing to closely monitor the coronavirus COVID-19 situation. At this time, we have no known information of anyone who has come in contact with the virus connected with AVS. However, yesterday, a local emergency was declared (see attached press release) after a new “presumptive positive” case of COVID-19 was identified within the county. With all this going on, I wanted to share information about the additional cleaning procedures happening on campus. These measures include daily disinfectant of hard surface cleaning in all classrooms, restrooms, entry and exit door handles, as well as throughout our office/nurse station.
An important reminder for all: If your child is not feeling well, please keep them home from school. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the coronavirus and flu, please follow these important tips from the Sonoma County Health Department:
● Hand washing often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Students should stay home when they are ill – especially if a fever is present, coughing and/or have trouble breathing. (Also per our policy, if your child had experienced a fever, please keep your child home for 24 hours after the fever.
● Reminder to cover a cough or sneeze.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Department of Public Health does not recommend the use of face masks for general prevention and says that handwashing provides better protection from infectious diseases. We will monitor the situation closely and will follow the guidelines established by the Sonoma County Office of Education and the California Department of Public Health and will update as more information develops.
If you have any questions, please contact me: email@example.com .