August 6th, 2018
Dear Alexander Valley Union School District Community,
Measure B was approved by at least 55% of the voters of the Alexander Valley Union School District on June 5th. 2018. The Board of Trustees was required to appoint a Citizens’ Oversight Committee after the successful bond election. Once election results are certified by the Board of Trustees, the district has to secure a Citizens’ Oversight Committee by 10/5/18.
The primary charge of the Oversight Committee is to inform the public about the expenditure of bond revenues and to ensure these revenues are spent for the purposes described in Measure B.
The Citizens’ Oversight Committee is required to have representatives from the following:
- One-member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District.
- One-member active in a senior citizens’ organization.
- One-member active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and who is active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the AVSPC or school site council.
- Three members who are parents or guardians of a child enrolled in the District.
Positions for the COC are appointed by the Board of Trustees, and can’t be employed by the Alexander Valley Union School District. Anyone interested in applying for a position is encouraged to call Superintendent Matt Reno at (707) 433-1375 ext. 102 and download and fill out the application available below.
Mr. Matt Reno