Alexander Valley Union School District welcomes you to our community. We hope to make the enrollment process as easy as possible for both students and parents, and are available to answer all of your questions. To find out more about our school enrollment deadlines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents and guardians can pick up enrollment packets at the school office or go to our Enrollment page for a printable version. While on the Enrollment page, scroll towards the bottom and select the Ready to Apply section in yellow to download the documents. For more information, please call 707-433-1375 or visit our front office during school hours.
Please take the time to review your completed registration packet with our office staff and bring original documents for photocopying. The Education Code indicates that evidence of birth may be provided in the form of a birth record, birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport, or affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor. One of these above items, as well as immunizations, are needed to enroll. Copies will not be accepted.
Alexander Valley School has registration timelines for our residents and for students who reside outside the district boundaries.
Interdistrict Student Placement Approval and Denials are based upon the following:
• Approval based on space availability
• Denial based on grade level and/or specialized program are at capacity
• Revoked or Rescinded based on violation of Behavior and/or Attendance Agreement
Timeline for 2021-2022 School Year
February 1-26, 2021
- Interdistrict Transfer Request Window Opens:
(Parent receives confirmation letter and transfer timeline within 14 calendar days of receiving request.)
Priority Registration Completed:
- Returning Residents & Siblings Transfers A
- Lottery drawing is held and Parents notified of lottery position.
- Final notice of acceptance or denial is received.
- Interdistrict Transfer Lottery Held at a Regular School Board Meeting open to the public:
- At public meeting, student placement status identified through random lottery drawing. Waitlist established for Interdistrict students not securing a class placement in a class section over 16.
AVS Lottery Order
- Lottery Group 1: Siblings
- Lottery Group 2: Alumni, District Employees, and Property Owners
- Lottery Group 3: Works within the District Boundary
- Lottery Group 4: All other Transfer Students
- Post Lottery or Late transfer requests will be added on a first come, first serve basis to the Lottery Wait List. This will result in the student being placed at the end of the transfer class section wait list.
*NOTE: The Transfer Wait List does not take priority over students living in the school boundaries. Resident students of AVS will be enrolled with a successful completed application packet.
Parents who do not know their school district of residence should call 707-433-1375 for assistance
Our class size limits are determined by the Governing Board annually and are as follows: Kindergarten-6th grades limit is 16 students. Should your transfer request be denied, the appeals process includes a meeting with the Principal-Superintendent.
Your child will need a physical exam and an oral exam, as well as all immunizations being up-to-date or in the process of being completed by the first day of school.
The immunizations required are as follows:
DPT/DT- 5 doses, 4 if the last was after their 4th birthday.
Polio- 4 doses, but 3 doses if the last was after their 4th birthday.
MMR- 2 doses both after their 1st birthday.
Hepatitus B- 3 doses
Varicella (Chicken Pox) – 2 doses
Parents and guardians can pick up enrollment forms at the school office or please go to our Enrollment Page for a printable version. While on the Enrollment page, scroll towards the bottom and select the “Ready to Apply” section in yellow to download the documents For more information, please call 707-433-1375 or visit our front office during school hours. The Education Code indicates that evidence of birth may be provided in the form of a birth record, birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport, or affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor. One of these above items, as well as immunizations, are needed to enroll. Copies will not be accepted.
The Physician’s Report should be completed by your family doctor at the time of the child’s physical and the Oral Exam should be completed by your family dentist. Please return completed forms to the school office prior to the first day of school.
If you have any questions please call the school office between 8:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. at 707-433-1375. Keep in mind that school offices will be open on a very limited basis for summer. Parents are encouraged to submit their registration as soon as possible to avoid delays.