Alexander Valley Union School District welcomes you to our community. We hope to make the enrollment process as easy as possible for both students and parents, and are available to answer all of your questions. To find out more about our school enrollment deadlines, please contact us.
Parents & guardians can pick up enrollment packets at the school office or go to our Forms Page for a printable version. For more information, please call 707-433-1375 or visit our front office during school hours.
Please take the time to review your completed registration packet with our office staff and bring original documents for photocopying. Your child’s original birth certificate and immunizations are needed to enroll.
Kindergarten registration is due early so the school can plan effectively for the upcoming school year. Keep in mind that school offices will be open on a very limited basis for summer. Parents are encouraged to submit their registration as soon as possible to avoid delays.
Parents who do not know their school district of residence should call 707-433-1375 for assistance. If you reside outside of our school district you can visit our office for a District of Choice form. A lottery is held at the February board meeting. The district gives priority for acceptance of applications in the following order:
1) Residents: child living within the district boundary.
2) Siblings: sibling of a student currently attending AVS at time of lottery.
3) Active MIlitary/NSLP: child has a parent that is Active Military or the child qualifies for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
4) Combination of the following three categories: District Employee: children of parent who are currently employed by AVS, Property Owner: children of a parent that owns property within district boundary, Alumni: children of a Parent or Grandparent that once attended AVS.
5) Works in District: children of parent who works in district boundary 10 or more hours per week at time of lottery through at least August of upcoming school-year child will be attending.
6) Transfers: all other students that do no meet above category criteria.
Our class size limits are as follows: Kindergarten-3rd grades 16 students and 4th-6th grades 18 students. Should your transfer request be denied the appeals process includes a meeting with the Principal-Superintendent, then potentially submitting your appeal in writing to the Governing Board.
Your child will need a physical exam, as well as all immunizations being up-to-date or in the process of being completed by the first day of school.
The immunizations required are as follows:
DPT/DT- 4 doses minimum, last being after age 2 yr.
Polio- 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the second birthday.
MMR- 2 doses
Hepatitus B- 3 doses
Parents & guardians can pick up enrollment packets at the school office or please go to our Forms Page for a printable version. For more information, please call 707-433-1375 or visit our front office during school hours. A birth certificate and immunization records must be included in the enrollment packet when it is returned to school.
The Physician’s Report should be completed by your family doctor at the time of the child’s physical and returned to the school office before the first day of school.
If you have any questions please call the school office between 8:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. at 707-433-1375.